Evergreen Engineering, Inc., has an immediate opening for an Accounting Clerk in our Eugene, Oregon office.
The successful candidate will be an energetic, honest, detail-oriented individual who is extremely organized with excellent follow-up skills. This person has a can-do attitude, believing that no job or task is too small or too big and is willing to wear multiple hats within the Accounting Department.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for performing general accounting duties. These duties include, but are not be limited to, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, bookkeeping, billing, collection of services provided, and general support of the Accounting Department as a whole.
• Must have excellent work ethics and habits which include dependability, flexibility, being results-driven, and a self-starter who’s able to take initiative.
• Strong data entry, analytical and bookkeeping skills.
• Excellent time management skills in order to prioritize tasks accurately to meet multiple or fluctuating deadlines in a fast-paced working environment with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to work professionally and harmoniously as part of a team with a positive attitude.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service and to communicate appropriately and effectively, both orally and in writing, with customers, agencies and staff.
• Ability in recognizing, dealing with, and keeping sensitive information confidential.
• Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation, research, resolution, and multi-tasking skills.
• Actively learns, demonstrates and fosters the company’s corporate culture in all actions and words.
• Ability to embrace a dynamic and growing work environment.
• Willingness to update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Experience 2+ years doing data entry/administrative work in an office environment and general bookkeeping experience, including processing financial transactions, recordkeeping, A/P, A/R, bank reconciliations and basic accounting terms.
• High school diploma required; bookkeeping certificate or Associates Degree preferred.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Work may involve lifting up to 10-20 pounds.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship.
• Able to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word and Excel in particular), use of spreadsheets, including filters, subtotals, lookups, importing data and graphing, and 10-key by touch.
POSTION TYPE/HOURS OF WORK:
• This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, holiday pay, PTO, annual reviews, year-end bonus and a profit-sharing program.
• Wages DOE.