Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time entry-level Civil/Structural Engineer who will provide design services for our rapidly growing list of clients.
This position will primarily include work on structural projects, including the design and creation of construction drawings for industrial buildings and non-building structures, foundations, and equipment support structures. Coordination with other engineers, engineering interns, CAD technicians and other disciplines will be required. Experience in steel, concrete, masonry design, structural modeling, and drafting (AutoCAD and/or Revit) is desired. Strong verbal and written communication skills are needed. Candidates need to be capable of working independently, taking direction from senior engineers, and collaborating with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited college or university.
Experience & Skills:
- Passed the EIT or FE exam
- Previous A&E firm experience, with work in structural design strongly preferred
- Strong interest in structural engineering
- One to five years of relevant work experience
- Good understanding of the basic principles of the structural discipline
- Familiarity with the International Building Code structural provisions and referenced structural standards (ASCE 7, AISC 360, ACI 318 etc.)
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD and structural modeling software
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Revit to generate construction drawings is a plus
- Ability to generate engineering sketches and supervise drawing generation
- Effective communication and impromptu problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow through in a self-motivated fashion
- Ability to learn quickly and self-teach challenging topics
- Ability to work in a cost-effective, customer-focused, team-based environment
- Understanding and skills in assessing a customer’s requirements/needs in the field
- Develop structural designs and details for steel, concrete, wood, and masonry structures
- Perform field investigation of existing conditions
- Perform structural calculations for permitting and client review
- Edit specifications
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines
- Prepare design documents for drafting
- Complete drafting of design documents as required
- Obtain PE license after required experience is completed
Evergreen’s mission is to provide customized support to move our client’s vision to reality by delivering practical engineering solutions, displaying project leadership and contributing technical expertise. Evergreen is proud to provide employees with a competitive compensation plan, advancement opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays and PTO).
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or inquiries, please.
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the requirements, please click here to submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.
Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position based in Eugene, Oregon.