Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time entry-level Civil/Structural Engineer.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is a leading Consulting Engineering firm focusing on the power generation, wood products, pulp & paper, chemicals & adhesives, and metals industries. Established in 1985 in Eugene, Oregon, Evergreen’s services encompass all project phases from planning through construction, including scheduling, feasibility studies, preliminary engineering, capital estimates, detail engineering, process design, environmental permitting, purchasing, commissioning and start-up assistance, and project management. We are dedicated to providing the best possible solutions to our clients by providing cost-effective solutions and employing experienced engineers who bring fresh insight to our team.
Design and construction excellence, efficient delivery, and an ever-increasing list of satisfied customers have led to our unprecedented growth and leadership position. At 80 employees, Evergreen has a small company environment but offers a wide variety of work and opportunities across the United States. Evergreen is proud to provide employees with a competitive compensation plan, advancement opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays and PTO). We are looking for strong candidates who share our vision and passion for excellence.
We have offices in Atlanta, Georgia; Eugene, Oregon; and Everett, Washington. The position described here is for our Eugene location.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time entry-level Civil/Structural Engineer who will provide design services for our rapidly growing list of clients.
This position will primarily include work on structural projects, including the design and creation of construction drawings for industrial buildings and non-building structures, foundations, and equipment support structures. Coordination with other engineers, engineering interns, CAD technicians and other disciplines will be required. Experience in steel, concrete, masonry design, structural modeling, and drafting (AutoCAD and/or Revit) is desired. Strong verbal and written communication skills are needed. Candidates need to be capable of working independently, taking direction from senior engineers, and collaborating with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited college or university.
Experience & Skills:
- Previous A&E firm experience, with work in structural design strongly preferred
- Strong interest in structural engineering
- One to five years of relevant work experience
- Good understanding of the basic principles of the structural discipline
- Familiarity with the International Building Code structural provisions and referenced structural standards (ASCE 7, AISC 360, ACI 318 etc.)
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD and structural modeling software
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Revit to generate construction drawings is a plus
- Ability to generate engineering sketches and supervise drawing generation
- Effective communication and impromptu problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow through in a self-motivated fashion
- Ability to learn quickly and self-teach challenging topics
- Ability to work in a cost-effective, customer-focused, team-based environment
- Understanding and skills in assessing a customer’s requirements/needs in the field
- Develop structural designs and details for steel, concrete, wood, and masonry structures
- Perform field investigation of existing conditions
- Perform structural calculations for permitting and client review
- Edit specifications
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines
- Prepare design documents for drafting
- Complete drafting of design documents as required
- Obtain PE license after required experience is completed
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or inquiries, please.
POSITION TYPE/HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time position in office (Eugene, OR).
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A 9/80 schedule option is also available.
- Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, holiday pay, PTO, annual reviews, year-end bonus, and a profit-sharing program.