Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is seeking an experienced full-time controls designer/engineer to join our expanding company and innovative team.
The controls designer/engineer will be responsible for design, layout, and detail design of moderate to complex controls systems on heavy industrial and manufacturing projects for clients in the various industries we serve. This design will include wiring diagrams, device and instrumentation specifications, HMI design and programming, and PLC programming and integration.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with design of industrial controls systems including device wiring, PLC system sizing and configuration.
- Programming, integration, and commissioning of controls systems – PLCs. Allen-Bradley Control Logix and Siemens experience preferred.
- Experience with design of HMIs from development and programming to integration and startup. PanelView and Wonderware experience preferred.
- Must have excellent work ethic and habits which include being dependable, flexible, results-driven, and a self-starter who is able to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills in order to prioritize tasks accurately to meet multiple or fluctuating deadlines in a fast-paced working environment to support deliverables.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and to communicate appropriately and effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, project managers, engineers, and other designers.
- In addition to controls systems, familiarity with multi-disciplined industrial or manufacturing projects is desired. Other design assignments may include:
- Field work
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Device and Instrumentation Specifications
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience (10+ years desired).
- Working knowledge of PLC programming software; Rockwell Studio and Siemens is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of HMI programming software; Rockwell Studio and Siemens is highly desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook a plus.
- Experience working in industrial areas of wood products, chemical, pulp and paper, metals, or other industrial manufacturing is a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship.
- Ability to be an essential part of a collaborative team of engineers, project managers, designers, and drafters.
Position Type/Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position in-office. The position is desired to be filled in our Eugene, Oregon office but experienced designer level candidates could work out of our Everett, Washington, or Atlanta, Georgia offices.
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A 9/80 schedule option is also available.
- Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, holiday pay, PTO, annual reviews, year-end bonus, and a profit-sharing program.
Apply with your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.