Evergreen Engineering® is seeking experienced and entry-level full-time Electrical, Mechanical, & Structural/Steel CAD Drafters to join our expanding company and innovative team.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is a leading Consulting Engineering firm focusing on the power generation, wood products, pulp & paper, chemicals & adhesives, and metals industries. Established in 1985 in Eugene, Oregon, Evergreen’s services encompass all project phases from planning through construction, including scheduling, feasibility studies, preliminary engineering, capital estimates, detail engineering, process design, environmental permitting, purchasing, commissioning and start-up assistance, and project management. We are dedicated to providing the best possible solutions to our clients by providing cost-effective solutions and employing experienced engineers who bring fresh insight to our team.
Design and construction excellence, efficient delivery, and an ever-increasing list of satisfied customers have led to our unprecedented growth and leadership position. At 80 employees, Evergreen has a small company environment but offers a wide variety of work and opportunities across the United States. Evergreen is proud to provide employees with a competitive compensation plan, advancement opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays and PTO). We are looking for strong candidates who share our vision and passion for excellence.
We have offices in Atlanta, Georgia; Eugene, Oregon; and Everett, Washington. The position described here can be placed in any of the offices.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is seeking an experienced full-time drafter to join our expanding company and innovative team.
The drafter will be responsible for design, layout, and detail drafting of moderate to complex tasks on heavy industrial and manufacturing projects for clients in the various industries we serve. Using the full range of drafting techniques – file creation, drawing setup, modeling, plotting, scanning, and various other tasks, drafters assist in translating ideas, rough sketches, specifications, and calculations into complete and accurate construction drawings.
- Experience working with Revit to create construction drawings is highly desired.
- Experience with drafting of structural, mechanical, or electrical drawings is a plus.
- Must have excellent work ethic and habits which include being dependable, flexible, results-driven, and a self-starter who is able to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills in order to prioritize tasks accurately to meet multiple or fluctuating deadlines in a fast-paced working environment to support deliverables.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with project managers, engineers, designers, and other drafters.
- Familiarity with multi-disciplined industrial or manufacturing projects that may include:
- Structural steel and concrete
- Industrial buildings
- Electrical drawings
- Site civil for roadways, grading, drainage, and utilities
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Industrial piping systems
- Material handling equipment
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experence.
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting Technology or equivalent work experience demonstrating proficiency in use of CAD tools.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD programs, Revit, Inventor, Bluebeam PDF tools and/or Acrobat.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Projects a plus.
- Experience working in industrial areas of wood products, chemical, pulp and paper, metals, or other industrial manufacturing is a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship.
- Ability to be an essential part of a collaborative team of engineers, project managers, designers, and drafters.
POSITION TYPE/HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, holiday pay, PTO, annual reviews, year-end bonus and a profit sharing program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Visit our job page on Indeed with your cover letter, resume and salary expectations. Salary DOE.Apply on Indeed