Evergreen Engineering® is seeking an experienced full-time drafter to join our expanding company and innovative team.
We have offices in Atlanta, Georgia; Eugene, Oregon; and Everett, Washington. The position described here can be placed in any of the offices.
The drafter will be responsible for design, layout, and detail drafting of moderate to complex tasks on heavy industrial and manufacturing projects for clients in the various industries we serve. Using the full range of drafting techniques – file creation, drawing setup, modeling, plotting, scanning, and various other tasks, drafters assist in translating ideas, rough sketches, specifications, and calculations into complete and accurate construction drawings.
- Experience working with Revit to create construction drawings is highly desired.
- Experience with drafting of structural, mechanical, or electrical drawings is a plus.
- Must have excellent work ethic and habits which include being dependable, flexible, results-driven, and a self-starter who is able to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills in order to prioritize tasks accurately to meet multiple or fluctuating deadlines in a fast-paced working environment to support deliverables.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with project managers, engineers, designers, and other drafters.
- Familiarity with multi-disciplined industrial or manufacturing projects that may include:
- Structural steel and concrete
- Industrial buildings
- Electrical drawings
- Site civil for roadways, grading, drainage, and utilities
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Industrial piping systems
- Material handling equipment
- Recent graduates to experienced drafters will be considered.
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting Technology or equivalent work experience demonstrating proficiency in use of CAD tools.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk programs; AutoCAD, Plant 3D, and Revit experience is highly desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Outlook a plus.
- Experience working in industrial areas of wood products, chemical, pulp and paper, metals, or other industrial manufacturing is a plus.
- Ability to be an essential part of a collaborative team of engineers, project managers, designers, and drafters.
Position Type/Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position in-office (Eugene, OR; Everett, WA; or Atlanta, GA)
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A 9/80 schedule option is also available.
- Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, holiday pay, PTO, annual reviews, year-end bonus, and a profit sharing program.
Evergreen’s mission is to provide customized support to move our client’s vision to reality by delivering practical engineering solutions, displaying project leadership, and contributing technical expertise.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or inquiries, please.
Apply to this advertisement with your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Hourly rate DOE.