Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Drawing Checker.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is a leading Consulting Engineering firm focusing on the power generation, wood products, pulp & paper, chemicals & adhesives, and metals industries. Established in 1985 in Eugene, Oregon, Evergreen’s services encompass all project phases from planning through construction, including scheduling, feasibility studies, preliminary engineering, capital estimates, detail engineering, process design, environmental permitting, purchasing, commissioning and start-up assistance, and project management. We are dedicated to providing the best possible solutions to our clients by providing cost-effective solutions and employing experienced engineers who bring fresh insight to our team.
Design and construction excellence, efficient delivery, and an ever-increasing list of satisfied customers have led to our unprecedented growth and leadership position. At 80 employees, Evergreen has a small company environment but offers a wide variety of work and opportunities across the United States. Evergreen is proud to provide employees with a competitive compensation plan, advancement opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays and PTO). We are looking for strong candidates who share our vision and passion for excellence.
We have offices in Atlanta, Georgia; Eugene, Oregon; and Everett, Washington. The position described here can be placed in any of the offices. To learn more about us, please visit www.EvergreenEngineering.com.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is seeking an experienced full-time drawing checker to join our expanding company and innovative team.
- Actively supports Evergreen’s commitment to safety and its Core Values
- Represents Evergreen at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics”
- Works collaboratively in a team environment; interacts with individuals at all organizational levels in a professional manner
- Checks drawings for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standard drafting practices and company standards
- Performs detailed dimensional and bill of material checks
- Checks for interferences, constructability, interdisciplinary coordination, maintenance access, client standards, and completeness.
- Performs basic and complex layouts
- Works with Engineering and Design teams to resolve discrepancies
- Performs additional responsibilities, as directed
- 8+ years of experience in mechanical, structural, and electrical drafting and checking of industrial facilities such as gas plants, liquid terminals, chemical plants, marine installations, and/or bulk material handling facilities
- Understanding of industry standard drafting practices
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness in work
- Ability to navigate 3D models to verify locations, elevations, coordinates, etc.
- Experienced in Revit, AutoCAD, Plant3D, Inventor, and Navisworks is a plus.
- Structural steel and rebar detailing experience is a plus
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting Technology or equivalent work experience demonstrating proficiency in use of CAD tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook a plus.
- Must have excellent work ethic and habits which include being dependable, flexible, results-driven, and a self-starter who is able to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills in order to prioritize tasks accurately to meet multiple or fluctuating deadlines in a fast-paced working environment to support deliverables.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and to communicate appropriately and effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, project managers, engineers, and other designers.
- Ability to be an essential part of a collaborative team of engineers, project managers, designers, and drafters.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or inquiries, please.
POSITION TYPE/HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position in office (Eugene OR, Everett WA, or Atlanta GA).
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A 9/80 schedule option is also available.
- Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, holiday pay, PTO, annual reviews, year-end bonus, and a profit-sharing program.