Evergreen Engineering is seeking an experienced, full-time Electrical Engineer to join our expanding company and innovative team.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is a leading Consulting Engineering firm focusing on the power generation, wood products, pulp & paper, chemicals & adhesives, and metals industries. Established in 1985 in Eugene, Oregon, Evergreen’s services encompass all project phases from planning through construction, including scheduling, feasibility studies, preliminary engineering, capital estimates, detail engineering, process design, environmental permitting, purchasing, commissioning and start-up assistance, and project management. We are dedicated to providing the best possible solutions to our clients by providing cost-effective solutions and employing experienced engineers who bring fresh insight to our team.
Design and construction excellence, efficient delivery, and an ever-increasing list of satisfied customers have led to our unprecedented growth and leadership position. At 80 employees, Evergreen has a small company environment but offers a wide variety of work and opportunities across the United States. Evergreen is proud to provide employees with a competitive compensation plan, advancement opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays and PTO). We are looking for strong candidates who share our vision and passion for excellence.
The engineer will be responsible for design, layout, and detail engineering of moderate to complex electrical systems on heavy industrial and manufacturing projects for clients in the various industries we serve. Coordination with other engineers, engineering interns, CAD technicians and other disciplines will be required. Strong verbal and written communication skills are needed. Candidates need to be capable of working independently, taking direction from senior engineers, and collaborating with others.
Education and License Requirements:
- Professional Engineering license in at least one U.S. state with the ability to obtain licensure in other states. Candidates with 5+ years of relevant experience who do not have a PE will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Previous A&E firm experience, with work in electrical or controls design strongly preferred
- Significant experience in electrical engineering
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of the basic principles of the electrical discipline
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Revit to generate construction drawings is a plus
- Ability to generate engineering sketches and supervise drawing generation
- Effective communication and impromptu problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow through in a self-motivated fashion
- Ability to learn quickly and self-teach challenging topics
- Ability to work in a cost-effective, customer-focused, team-based environment
- Understanding and skills in assessing a customer’s requirements/needs in the field
- Ability to scope electrical projects, write proposals, and manage electrical projects including budget, schedule, resources, and client interface
- Experience doing Arc Flash and/or Short Circuit studies on power systems preferred
- Develop electrical and controls designs and details
- Work with designers and drafters to produce industrial electrical systems documentation including 3D modeling, one-line drawings, grounding drawings, wiring drawings, conduit and cable tray routing, conduit and cable tray supports, electrical specifications, instrument lists, and motor lists
- Perform field investigation of existing conditions
- Perform electrical calculations for permitting and client review
- Develop and edit electrical specifications
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines
- Prepare design documents for drafting
- Complete drafting of design documents as required
- Complete arc flash and power coordination studies
- Coordinate with equipment vendors
Evergreen’s mission is to provide customized support to move our client’s vision to reality by delivering practical engineering solutions, displaying project leadership, and contributing technical expertise.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or inquiries, please.
POSITION TYPE/HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time position in office.
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A 9/80 schedule option is also available.
- Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, holiday pay, PTO, annual reviews, year-end bonus, and a profit-sharing program.