Evergreen Engineering is seeking an experienced full-time Construction Manager to join our dynamic and innovative team.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is a leading Consulting Engineering firm focusing on the power generation, wood products, pulp & paper, chemicals & adhesives, and metals industries. Established in 1985 in Eugene, Oregon, Evergreen’s services encompass all project phases from planning through construction, including scheduling, feasibility studies, preliminary engineering, capital estimates, detail engineering, process design, environmental permitting, purchasing, commissioning and start-up assistance, and project management. We are dedicated to providing the best possible solutions to our clients by providing cost-effective solutions and employing experienced engineers who bring fresh insight to our team.
Design and construction excellence, efficient delivery, and an ever-increasing list of satisfied customers have led to our unprecedented growth and leadership position. At 80 employees, Evergreen has a small company environment but offers a wide variety of work and opportunities across the United States. Evergreen is proud to provide employees with a competitive compensation plan, advancement opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays and PTO). We are looking for strong candidates who share our vision and passion for excellence.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Previous construction management experience with emphasis on Heavy Industry/Boiler/Pulp & Paper facilities strongly preferred
- Five years of relevant experience, especially managing maintenance outages
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Project
- Ability to follow through with little supervision
- Ability to work in a customer-focused, team-based environment
- Understanding and skills in assessing a customer’s requirements/needs in the field
- Effective communication and impromptu problem-solving skills
- 30%-50% travel
- Manage construction projects by effectively utilizing contractor resources to provide a finished product that meets all aspects of the owner’s specifications and design. This requires the candidate to be able to coordinate and supervise the construction process from concept to completion.
- Interface with clients, contractors, and our Field Services team on project development and during construction.
- Perform field cost estimating as required.
- Direct the completion of projects on time and on budget.
- Work with relevant jurisdictional authorities during the permitting process and ensure that all applicable inspections are completed during construction.
- Meet with clients and contractors and conduct project reviews.
- Direct project closeout activities at project completion.
- Degree or coursework in Construction Engineering; Construction Management; Engineering; or related field preferred.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.Apply on Indeed