Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is seeking an experienced full-time mechanical designer with significant experience to join our expanding company and innovative team.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is a leading Consulting Engineering firm focusing on the power generation, wood products, pulp & paper, chemicals & adhesives, and metals industries. Established in 1985 in Eugene, Oregon, Evergreen’s services encompass all project phases from planning through construction, including scheduling, feasibility studies, preliminary engineering, capital estimates, detail engineering, process design, environmental permitting, purchasing, commissioning and start-up assistance, and project management. We are dedicated to providing the best possible solutions to our clients by providing cost-effective solutions and employing experienced engineers who bring fresh insight to our team.
Design and construction excellence, efficient delivery, and an ever-increasing list of satisfied customers have led to our unprecedented growth and leadership position. At 80 employees, Evergreen has a small company environment but offers a wide variety of work and opportunities across the United States. Evergreen is proud to provide employees with a competitive compensation plan, advancement opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays and PTO). We are looking for strong candidates who share our vision and passion for excellence.
The designer will be responsible for design, layout, and detail drafting of moderate to complex piping and mechanical systems on heavy industrial and manufacturing projects for clients in the various industries we serve. Using the full range of drafting techniques – file creation, drawing setup, modeling, plotting, scanning, and various other tasks, designers translate ideas, rough sketches, specifications, and calculations into complete and accurate construction drawings.
- Experience with design and drafting of industrial piping systems including 3D modeling, orthographic drawings, isometric drawings, spool drawings, pipe routing, pipe supports, valves and pumps, piping specifications, line lists, and thermal expansion considerations.
- Experience with design and drafting of industrial mechanical systems including layouts/general arrangements, conveyors, pneumatic systems, process piping, tanks, material handling and processing equipment, HVAC systems, or machine design.
- Must have excellent work ethic and habits which include being dependable, flexible, results-driven, and a self-starter who is able to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills in order to prioritize tasks accurately to meet multiple or fluctuating deadlines in a fast-paced working environment to support deliverables.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and to communicate appropriately and effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, project managers, engineers, and other designers.
- In addition to piping and mechanical systems, familiarity with multi-disciplined industrial or manufacturing projects is desired. Other design/drafting assignments may include:
- Structural steel and concrete
- Industrial buildings
- Electrical drawings
- Site work
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in piping system design.
- Desired knowledge in areas including selection of pipe supports, welding symbols, pipe specifications, and P&IDs.
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting Technology or equivalent work experience demonstrating proficiency in use of CAD tools.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk programs; AutoCAD Plant 3D and Revit experience is highly desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook a plus.
- Experience working in industrial areas of wood products, chemical, pulp and paper, metals, or other industrial manufacturing is a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship.
- Ability to be an essential part of a collaborative team of engineers, project managers, designers, and drafters.
POSITION TYPE/HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position in-office (Eugene, OR; Everett, WA; or Atlanta, GA).
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A 9/80 schedule option is also available.
- Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, holiday pay, PTO, annual reviews, year-end bonus, and a profit-sharing program.