Mechanical Professional Engineer
Evergreen Engineering® is seeking an experienced, full-time licensed Mechanical Engineer to join our mechanical engineering department. We are looking for someone with industrial engineering experience.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is a leading Consulting Engineering firm focusing on the power generation, wood products, pulp & paper, chemicals & adhesives, and metals industries. Established in 1985 in Eugene, Oregon, Evergreen’s services encompass all project phases from planning through construction, including scheduling, feasibility studies, preliminary engineering, capital estimates, detail engineering, process design, environmental permitting, purchasing, commissioning and start-up assistance, and project management. We are dedicated to providing the best possible solutions to our clients by providing cost-effective solutions and employing experienced engineers who bring fresh insight to our team.
Design and construction excellence, efficient delivery, and an ever-increasing list of satisfied customers have led to our unprecedented growth and leadership position. At 80 employees, Evergreen has a small company environment but offers a wide variety of work and opportunities across the United States. Evergreen is proud to provide employees with a competitive compensation plan, advancement opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays and PTO). We are looking for strong candidates who share our vision and passion for excellence.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design and execution of mechanical design projects requiring strong technical knowledge and experience in the industries that Evergreen serves. The person in this role will provide technical analysis and resolution of engineering problems, while working within a multi-disciplined team.
This position will involve work on industrial and manufacturing projects. Assignments may include leading or participating in the design aspects of:
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Fluid systems, including process piping for steam, chemical, gas, and other industrial services
- Industrial plant process layouts
- Material handling equipment, including belt conveyors, drag chain conveyors, screw conveyors, etc.
- Atmospheric tanks and pressure vessels, including ASME Section VIII standards
- HVAC systems for industrial and/or commercial applications
- Experience with design and drafting of systems, components, and structures based on industry-specific standards, experience in industrial facilities and familiarity with applicable codes and standards
- Project management duties
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years experience in mechanical design in an industrial environment
- Experienced, licensed Professional Engineer (PE) (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to be part of a collaborative team of engineers, project managers, designers, and drafters
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Project, Outlook
- Knowledge of industry drafting standards and AutoCAD
- Must have excellent work ethic and habits which include dependability, flexibility, initiative, and being results-driven.
- Excellent time management skills in order to prioritize tasks accurately to meet multiple or fluctuating deadlines in a fast-paced working environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and communicate appropriately and effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, project managers, other engineers, and developing designers
Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Job type: Full-time
Salary: Depends on experienceApply on Indeed