Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is seeking an experienced full-time mechanical designer with significant piping experience to join our expanding company and innovative team.
The designer will be responsible for design, layout, and detail drafting of moderate to complex piping and mechanical systems on heavy industrial and manufacturing projects for clients in the various industries we serve. Using the full range of drafting techniques – file creation, drawing setup, modeling, plotting, scanning, and various other tasks, designers translate ideas, rough sketches, specifications, and calculations into complete and accurate construction drawings.
- Experience with design and drafting of industrial piping systems including 3D modeling, orthographic drawings, isometric drawings, spool drawings, pipe routing, pipe supports, valves and pumps, piping specifications, line lists, and thermal expansion considerations.
- Experience with design and drafting of industrial mechanical systems including layouts/general arrangements, conveyors, pneumatic systems, process piping, tanks, material handling and processing equipment, HVAC systems, or machine design.
- Must have excellent work ethic and habits which include being dependable, flexible, results-driven, and a self-starter who is able to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills in order to prioritize tasks accurately to meet multiple or fluctuating deadlines in a fast-paced working environment to support deliverables.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and to communicate appropriately and effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, project managers, engineers, and other designers.
- In addition to piping and mechanical systems, familiarity with multi-disciplined industrial or manufacturing projects is desired. Other design/drafting assignments may include:
- Structural steel and concrete
- Industrial buildings
- Electrical drawings
- Site work
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in piping system design.
- Desired knowledge in areas including selection of pipe supports, welding symbols, pipe specifications, and P&IDs.
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting Technology or equivalent work experience demonstrating proficiency in use of CAD tools.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk programs; AutoCAD Plant 3D and Revit experience is highly desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook a plus.
- Experience working in industrial areas of wood products, chemical, pulp and paper, metals, or other industrial manufacturing is a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship.
- Ability to be an essential part of a collaborative team of engineers, project managers, designers, and drafters.
POSITION TYPE/HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position, Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A 9/80 schedule option is also available.
- Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, holiday pay, PTO, annual reviews, year-end bonus, and a profit-sharing program.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, resume and salary expectations. Hourly rate DOE.
Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position based in Eugene, Oregon.