Site/Civil Professional Engineer
Evergreen Engineering® is seeking an experienced Site/Civil Professional Engineer to join our Civil/Structural engineering department.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is a leading Consulting Engineering firm focusing on the power generation, wood products, pulp & paper, chemicals & adhesives, and metals industries. Established in 1985 in Eugene, Oregon, Evergreen’s services encompass all project phases from planning through construction, including scheduling, feasibility studies, preliminary engineering, capital estimates, detail engineering, process design, environmental permitting, purchasing, commissioning and start-up assistance, and project management. We are dedicated to providing the best possible solutions to our clients by providing cost-effective solutions and employing experienced engineers who bring fresh insight to our team.
Design and construction excellence, efficient delivery, and an ever-increasing list of satisfied customers have led to our unprecedented growth and leadership position. At 80 employees, Evergreen has a small company environment but offers a wide variety of work and opportunities across the United States. Evergreen is proud to provide employees with a competitive compensation plan, advancement opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays and PTO). We are looking for strong candidates who share our vision and passion for excellence.
We have offices in Atlanta, Georgia; Eugene, Oregon; and Everett, Washington. To learn more about us, please visit www.EvergreenEngineering.com.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc., has an immediate opening for an experienced Site/Civil Professional Engineer in our Eugene, Oregon, Atlanta, Georgia, or Everett, Washington office. This position involves all phases of planning, design, regulatory processing, and client coordination for multidisciplinary site development building projects. This position will work individually and collaboratively in the design/construction process with engineers, CAD technicians, project managers, contractors, and client teams.
Areas of focus may include storm water drainage and detention, storm water permitting, site grading and paving, utilities, sediment and erosion control, railway design, industrial water and waste water system design.
Education and License Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Current PE license in any U.S. state and ability to obtain licensure in other states.
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of general civil and site development design experience.
- Experience doing storm water design including various detention systems.
- Experience preparing hydrology calculations (rational, SBUH, continuous simulation modeling, or the like) based on various local and regional jurisdictions.
- Experience designing water supply systems and waste water treatment systems is desired.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam Revu.
- Experience with site planning, storm water/sewer/water/grading/roadway design, and permitting in local agencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively with clients and team members in a multidisciplinary consulting firm.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Basic structural design knowledge preferred, and a willingness to supplement civil engineering design with structural engineering tasks is a bonus.
- Project management experience is desired.
- May require travel to plant/job site.
This position will involve work on a variety of industrial and manufacturing projects. Responsibilities may include:
- Performing engineering tasks on commercial and industrial sites including site layout, land use planning, grading, parking lot design, erosion control, storm drain design, water systems, and sanitary sewer systems.
- Assisting with the multi-disciplinary design process to ensure compliance with cost, time, quality, and quantity objectives.
- Developing project scope, budget, schedule, and project delivery plans.
- Preparing bills of material, schedules, and assisting engineering personnel with formal drawing transmittals and construction issues.
- Preparing or directing the preparation of exhibits, civil construction drawings, engineering calculations (i.e., hydrology/hydraulics, detention, etc.), and specifications for site development projects.
- Preparing and processing land use planning exhibits and applications through local municipalities.
- Assisting or leading the preparation of proposals.
- Reviewing contractor submittals and RFIs.
- Maintaining high satisfaction of clients through superior service, timely production, prompt responsiveness, and a thorough understanding of client objectives.
- Working with designers/drafters to develop site-civil experience, standard details, and notes.
- Potential for project management and construction management duties (depending on experience).
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.Apply on Indeed