Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is looking for an experienced Structural Designer or Drafter to join our team.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is a leading Consulting Engineering firm focusing on the power generation, wood products, pulp & paper, chemicals & adhesives, and metals industries. Established in 1985 in Eugene, Oregon, Evergreen’s services encompass all project phases from planning through construction, including scheduling, feasibility studies, preliminary engineering, capital estimates, detail engineering, process design, environmental permitting, purchasing, commissioning and start-up assistance, and project management. We are dedicated to providing the best possible solutions to our clients by providing cost-effective solutions and employing experienced engineers who bring fresh insight to our team.
Design and construction excellence, efficient delivery, and an ever-increasing list of satisfied customers have led to our unprecedented growth and leadership position. At 80 employees, Evergreen has a small company environment but offers a wide variety of work and opportunities across the United States. Evergreen is proud to provide employees with a competitive compensation plan, advancement opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays and PTO). We are looking for strong candidates who share our vision and passion for excellence.
We have offices in Atlanta, Georgia; Eugene, Oregon; and Everett, Washington. The position described here can be placed in any of the offices.
Evergreen Engineering®, Inc. is seeking an experienced full-time Structural Designer or Drafter to join our expanding company and innovative team.
This position will primarily include work on structural projects, including the design and creation of construction drawings for industrial buildings and non-building structures, foundations, and equipment support structures. Coordination with engineers, engineering interns, CAD technicians and other disciplines will be required. Candidates need to be capable of working independently, taking direction from senior engineers, and collaborating with others.
- Experience in developing construction drawings for steel, concrete, masonry, and wood structures.
- Experience using Revit is strongly desired.
- Good understanding of the basic principles of the structural discipline, connection detailing, and building permit packages.
- Must have excellent work ethic and habits which include being dependable, flexible, results-driven, and a self-starter who is able to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills in order to prioritize tasks accurately to meet multiple or fluctuating deadlines in a fast-paced working environment to support deliverables.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with project managers, engineers, and other designers.
- Familiarity with the International Building Code structural provisions and referenced structural standards is desired (ASCE 7, AISC 360, ACI 318, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; 5+ for designer position.
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting Technology or equivalent work experience demonstrating proficiency in use of CAD software.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit is highly desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook a plus.
- Experience working in industrial areas of wood products, chemical, pulp and paper, metals, or other industrial manufacturing is a plus.
- Construction industry experience is a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship.
- Ability to be an essential part of a collaborative team of engineers, project managers, designers, and drafters.
POSITION TYPE/HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time position in office (Eugene, OR; Everett, WA; or Atlanta, GA).
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A 9/80 schedule option is also available.
- Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, holiday pay, PTO, annual reviews, year-end bonus, and a profit-sharing program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.Apply on Indeed