Mechanical Professional Engineer
Evergreen Engineering® is seeking an experienced, full-time licensed Mechanical Engineer to join our mechanical engineering department. We primarily serve wood products, pulp and paper, specialty metals, and green energy industrial clients and are looking for someone with industrial engineering experience.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design and execution of mechanical design projects requiring strong technical knowledge and experience in the industries that Evergreen serves. The person in this role will provide technical analysis and resolution of engineering problems, while working within a multi-disciplined team.
This position will involve work on industrial and manufacturing projects. Assignments may include leading or participating in the design aspects of:
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Fluid systems, including process piping for steam, chemical, gas, and other industrial services
- Industrial plant process layouts
- Material handling equipment, including belt conveyors, drag chain conveyors, screw conveyors, etc.
- Atmospheric tanks and pressure vessels, including ASME Section VIII standards
- HVAC systems for industrial and/or commercial applications
- Experience with design and drafting of systems, components, and structures based on industry-specific standards, experience in industrial facilities and familiarity with applicable codes and standards
- Project management duties
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university
- Minimum 10 years experience in mechanical design in an industrial environment
- Experienced, licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Ability to be part of a collaborative team of engineers, project managers, designers, and drafters
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Project, Outlook
- Knowledge of industry drafting standards and AutoCAD
- Must have excellent work ethic and habits which include dependability, flexibility, initiative, and being results-driven.
- Excellent time management skills in order to prioritize tasks accurately to meet multiple or fluctuating deadlines in a fast-paced working environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and communicate appropriately and effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, project managers, other engineers, and developing designers
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship.
Job type: Full-time
Salary: Depends on experienceApply now